Friday 1 April 2011

David 'WTF' Cameron

I take a view that everyone's political outlook is built on an initial desire to shape society for the better as they see fit. Perhaps I am going soft as I get older (28 this week no less), but people of the right wing believe in things as a better way of doing things, much like myself of the left.

So I am decent enough I hope to try to understand the intentions of some on the right. Cutting taxes is not about savagery, but about the intention of giving people more money to spend as they see fit. I don't agree of course, however I don't take the view that those on the right are morally moribund people and we on the left as just nicer and somehow more justified in our beliefs.

Which leads me onto David Cameron. In Swansea, that is the same city he refused to electrify the rail line to, he said that the Tories are delivering for Wales.

Indeed, apparently having less cuts in Wales (minus the principle of need of course - which is at least £300m a year with Barnett) should be a sign of how well he is doing and also that given his brilliant success that we should vote it through in Cardiff Bay.

It seems 'Labour's mess, Tories Bullshit' is rather apt. I have yet to see a Tory government deliver for Wales throughout history (Adam Price's speech in Llandudno 2009 was a fantastic expose of this); the day they do, hell will freeze over.

2 comments:

  1. Penblwydd Hapus Marcus!

    I find the gall of the Tories remarkable, failing to electrify to Swansea is a triumph of Tory achievement! What next?

    Sadly there is a real prospect that they will become the official opposition in Butetown. I hope this election exposes them for the shambles that they are, leadership out of touch with their members and leadership at odds with their London based bosses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what your're getting at here.

    The Tories could have made a specific statement about delivering for Wales by electrifying the rail all the way to Swansea.

    They chose not to, because it would not be commercially jusitifiable.

    For Wales to be more developed and advanced we need those that control the purse strings to make decisions here that are not currently commercially viable, but that will pay off in the future.

    The Tories have no interest in doing this. They will not even appoint a Welsh MP as Sec of State for Wales.

    Not because they are "nasty" people or a "nasty" party, but because their ideology does not recognise Wales as being important.

    ReplyDelete